You can extend the form by adding taxonomies. To add a taxonomy to the form, follow these steps:
- Edit your map
- Open the widget “Submit locations settings”
- Click on the menu “Add/Edit taxonomies”
- Click on the group field “Taxonomy 1” if it’s your first taxonomy, or click on the button “Add new taxonomy” if you’ve previously added a taxonomy to the form.
- In the field “Taxonomy”, select the taxonomy to display on the form.
- In the field “Label”, enter the taxonomy label/title that should be displayed in the form.
- In the field “Description”, enter the taxonomy description.
- Choose where you want to display the taxonomy by selecting a tab in the field “Display location (Tabs)”.
- To make the taxonomy required for submission, select the option “Yes” in the field “Required?”.
- To display the taxonomy on the form, select the option “Activate (visible)” in the field “Visibility”.
- Choose the taxonomy display type in the field “Display type”.
- To add a new taxonomy, click on the button “Add new taxonomy” and repeat the steps 5 to 11. Please note that you can use the same taxonomy multiple times on the same form!
Hint: You can use a plugin like Custom Post Type UI to add/create new custom taxonomies for your (custom) post type, then, use these taxonomies inside your form!