The plugin provides the possibility to customize the markers based on their categories. To customize your markers, do the following:
- Edit a map
- Open the widget “Progress Map Settings”.
- Click on the menu “Markers categories settings”.
- Select the option “Yes” in the field “Markers categories option” to enable this feature on your map.
- In the field “Taxonomies”, select the taxonomy/category that you want to use to indentify your markers.
- Scroll down to the section “Markers categories images” and click on the group field “Marker image 1”.
- Choose a category term in the select list “Categories”. Note that it’s not required to find the name “Categories”. In your case, this name will be the name of the taxonomy/category you’ve already selected in the above field “Taxonomies”!
- Upload your custom marker image in the field “Marker image”.
- To add a new custom image for a new marker, click on the button “Add new marker image” and repeat the steps 7 & 8.
If a post is assigned to multiple categories/terms, the plugin will call the marker image of the first term in the list of your taxonomy terms page (e.g. “Posts => Categories”)! In case the first term in this list doesn’t have a marker image, the plugin will use the default marker image instead! You may need to use the plugin “Custom Taxonomy Order” (or similar) to change your terms order. You also need to regenerate your markers # each time you change the terms order!