To display posts/locations associated to certain category, do the following:
- Edit a map.
- Open the widget “Progress Map Settings”.
- Click on the menu “Query settings”.
- Scroll down to the section “Taxonomy parameters”.
- Find the category/taxonomy to choose from, then, select the terms related to your posts. Note that a category/taxonomy will be represented by its title and its unique name (slug). For example “Categories (category)”!
- In the field “Operator” parameter right below your category, select the parameter to use when searching for posts. For example, if you want to display posts associated to multiple terms (“term1”, “term2” and “term3”), each parameter will allow you to display different results. The operator “AND” will display only the posts associated to all the selected terms. The operator “IN” will display the posts associated to at least one of the selected terms. The operator “NOT IN” will display all posts that are not associated to any of the selected terms.
What if you want to display posts/locations associated to multiple categories/taxonomies?! In this case, do the following:
- Repeat the above steps 5 & 6 (find another category, select the terms and choose the operator parameter).
- Scroll down to the field “Relation” parameter and select the logical relationship between each inner category/taxonomy.